Monday, 15 May 2017

Bygones




For the people I once called my friends
Nothing lasts forever, so why the loose ends
For some goodbyes are better left unsaid
They be the reason for a hope that stays

For every person who once had my back
Through thick and thin, looked out for me
Whom do we fool here, did we really care?
Reckon, we did not, no one ever truly does

It hurts my heart, not because I regret
For we have lessons solely for us to grow
Moving on, I'll grow, knowing you were one
And collapsed lay pillars that held us high

As we part our ways, truth today I shall say
While you talk, look into the person's eyes
They say a lot more than words ever will
“I'm fine”, is a simple mask to hide behind

While their eyes scream a different story
Pay attention, be caring enough, read them
Killing an inch a time, to hold back the tears
If only you could hold their hand in yours

Couldn't you breathe soothing words a few
Needed not much to ease that heartache
Cries unheard by deafening self-occupancy
Friendly bygones wouldn't save us anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer

Hurrying through the door, walked into my life, Late though he was, just perfect was the time. I could be mad no more, and damn th...